This position is within PAPE Engineering organization and will support the company’s objectives to expand its Offshore Engineering & Project Services to the upstream Oil & Gas Industry.
The Engineer will perform installation analyses using computer software and in-house spreadsheets and prepare reports for offshore subsea pipeline, subsea cable projects and wind farms as directed by the Supervisor/Line Manager.
- Part of the SURF Engineering Business Unit, the Subsea Pipeline Installation Engineer will work under the supervision of an Engineering Manager. You will not just be assigned to one project but instead become part of the core engineering team providing installation analysis and support for an array of exciting projects.
- The candidate is required to have relevant experience in either shallow water or deep water pipeline and subsea structure engineering. The position will also involve some interfacing with clients and third parties during execution and also follow-ups during the operation phase.
- As the role will include installation analysis of pipelines and umbilical, experience in FEA software such as OrcaFlex/DeepLines/Flexcom/PipeLay is essential.
- As part of its scope of work, the candidate will perform the following:
- Installation Analysis of Subsea Pipeline in S-lay, RENTIS method
- Installation Analysis of flexible pipeline and subsea cable
- Mooring Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
- Provide technical review and supervise engineers and draftsmen
- Application of advanced theories in subsea and pipeline engineering
- Assist Project manager to meet project schedule and complete project within budget
- A Subsea Pipeline Installation Engineer will hold a high quality honors degree in Mechanical, Marine, Civil or General Engineering
- Understand offshore pipeline and structural design codes ( API, DNV, ASME, BS)
- Experience in use of FE software such as Orcaflex/DeepLines/Offpipe, and/or MOSES/ARIANE/DIODORE (mooring analysis)
- Must have good computer skills and be proficient on Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have good communication, writing and presentation skills, and excellent work ethics and work attitude; organizational skills a must
- Must have the ability to challenge established ways of doing things by suggesting better alternatives
- Must have the capability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Work experience of 0 to 10 years in subsea pipeline engineering
*This position is 50% work from home & 50% work from office, providing a healthy work-life balance, and a flexible working environment.
Send CV to email@example.com