The Engineer will perform installation analyses using computer software and in-house spreadsheets and prepare reports for mooring analysis, vessel motion analysis, stability calculations for Platform T&I, subsea pipeline, subsea cable projects and wind farms as directed by the Supervisor/Line Manager.
The principal accountabilities will include the following functions:
- The Naval Architect Engineer will work under the supervision of an Engineering Manager. You will not just be assigned to one project but instead become part of the core engineering team providing installation analysis and support for an array of exciting projects.
- The candidate is required to have relevant experience in either shallow water or deep water pipeline and subsea structure engineering. The position will also involve some interfacing with clients and third parties during execution and also follow-ups during the operation phase.
- As the role will include mooring analysis, stability calculations, experience in software such as MOSES/AQWA/ARIANE/DIODORE/ ORCAFLEX/DEEPLINES is essential.
- As part of its scope of work, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Vessel Hull Hydrodynamic Mesh
- Ballast Plan
- Stability calculations in intact /damage
- Vessel Motion Analysis
- Mooring Analysis & anchor pattern & mooring line catenary
- Jacket Launch calculations
- Float-over mating analysis
- Provide technical review and supervise engineers and draftsmen
- Application of advanced theories in hydrodynamics
- Assist Project manager to meet project schedule and complete project within budget
- A Naval Architect Engineer will hold a high quality honors degree in Naval Architecture, Hydrodynamics, Marine, or Ocean Engineering
- Understand vessel offshore codes design codes ( BV, DNV, ABS)
- Experience in use of software such as AQWA/MOSES/ARIANE/DIODORE (hydrodynamic & mooring analysis) and MAXSURF (Stability calculation) and ORCAFLEX/DEEPLINES (time domain analysis)
- Must have good computer skills and be proficient on Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have good communication, writing and presentation skills, and excellent work ethics and work attitude; organizational skills a must
- Must have the ability to challenge established ways of doing things by suggesting better alternatives
- Must have the capability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Work experience of 5 to 15 years in engineering and detailed analysis preferably within the related industry
Send CV to email@example.com