This position is within PAPE Engineering organization and will support the company’s objectives to expand its Offshore Engineering & Project Services to the upstream Oil & Gas Industry.
The Engineer will perform design calculations, computer analysis using in-house / commercial software and prepare reports and specifications for offshore pipeline and subsea and hydrocarbons projects as directed by the Supervisor/Line Manager.
The principal accountabilities will include the following functions:
To be part of the Engineering Project team for the Detailed design and/or FEED for offshore rigid pipelines, risers, flexibles, PLEM…
To perform Rigid pipeline / riser system detail design calculations:
- Wall thickness design
- Flexibility/ stress / spool analysis
- On-bottom stability analysis
- Anti-Corrosion & Insulation Coating design
- Free span analysis
- Thermal expansion analysis
- Lateral buckling & Walking analysis
- On-bottom roughness analysis
- Cathodic protection design
- Riser design,
- PLEM design
- Pipelay analysis
- Pipeline routing
Prepare Pipeline Project specifications for line pipes, pipe fittings, coatings, installation, etc.
Prepare data sheets, technical requisitions and to carry out technical bid evaluation and review of vendor data
Liaisons with lead draftsman to coordinate pipeline/ riser / PLEM drawing production
Be familiar with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying issue(s) and taking appropriate initiatives to address them
- Engineer with a recognised Degree / Master / PHD in Offshore / Civil/ Mechanical Engineering preferably from local university (NUS/NTU) or from international recognized university.
- Good leadership, planning, organizing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Knowledge in dedicated design software such as DNV suite (FATFREE, StableLines, …), ORCAFLEX/DeepLines, ABAQUS, SAGE 3D, MATCAD & Excel
- Knowledge in relevant FE software such as Abaqus, Deeplines or Orcaflex will be added advantage
- Knowledge in Main recommended practices: DNV, ABS, API, BV
- Work experience of 0 to 10 years in offshore pipeline engineering
- If this ad speaks to you and you can envision yourself working in our company but do not feel that your experience meets all the qualifications mentioned in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. It could be that you are the right candidate for the job after all. We look forward to hearing from you.
Send CV to email@example.com